Two years ago, I blogged about an issue with my Raspberry Pi 3 A+. I accidentally shorted out the 3.3V voltage rail with a GPIO pin which was probably set to put out 5V and since then, the Raspberry Pi stopped working properly. In my last post I wrote, that I was going to purchase the corresponding voltage regular IC and attempt to repair the Raspberry Pi on my own.
Unfortunately, this story happened two years ago and I was not updating my web site for a very long time. Thanks to a visitor called Christoph who wrote me an email asking for a status update on my repair, I now decided to give you all an update on my repair.